Monday, May 22, 2006

AD Training diary 5/20

I did the Science Center 10K in the morning. I finished in 48:22 for 7:48/mile. Even using a Race Time Predictor which shows an optimistic time for me, I'd still be well short of qualifying for Boston (3:48 and need 3:10). So let's just dispense with that right now. I'm not going to qualify for Boston this year. I just want to run a sub-4:00 marathon and gear up for a BQ at a later marathon.

I got together with LH and MS for an easy long run at Creve Couer Park. LH wanted to do five miles and MS and I were scheduled for three. We opted for the Blue Path which runs about 3.8 miles. I figured that we would get in three and anything else would just be gravy. MS brought his daughter, so he pushed her in the stroller for a while. When he needed to remove some layers, I took the controls and pushed her for the rest of the way. Our pace was something close to 10:00/miles, so it was just right for me. MS did well with the pace and we were able to keep it relaxed and conversational. At the end of the run, we sat and relaxed for a bit while we waited for LH to finish. LH finished up her run and felt good about it, so winners all around.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?