Friday, June 30, 2006

AD Training diary 6/28-29

Wednesday night I went hashing. The first leg to the beer stop was a good haul but I ended up walking back to the start so it ended up not quite being the workout I was anticipating.

Thursday night I decided to head to the track for some mile repeats. On the way I decided that I was going to do 4 x 1M with a 400m rest in between intervals. I jogged over to the track (about a half-mile) as a warmup. Once at the track I took off on my first interval. My target pace was 8:00/mile. At first I started off too quickly, but I adjusted and was able to churn out a 7:54 mile at 146 HR. I had a bit of trouble finding the right pace for the second one, but I eventually found it and was able to run another 7:54 mile at 152 HR. After that the training wheels came off and I clocked the next two at 7:34 and 7:12 respectively. In hind sight I should have kept them to 7:54 as my HR was 172/175 for the last pair possibly too hard for the workout that I had envisioned.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?