Thursday, June 01, 2006

MS Diary 5/31

Ran the Millwell route which USATF aproximates at 3.56 mi. This has been my self-check route over the last couple of training efforts -- some light hill work, some smoother stretches, but a good route to judge progress and comfort.

Right now, however, it's a bit of a hazard as Midland is under construction between Millwell and FeeFee. There's almost no room to avoid cars but it looks like there will be a nice sidewalk to follow when the work is complete.

Besides the heat and humidity -- I could see steam coming off the street while I was running -- there was silt and mud in the construction area. I tweaked my right calf muscle and will probably take things a little easier going into the long run Saturday to make sure I don't create a stress injury. At least now I have a chance to recover.

Still running without a watch. I'm judging by breathing and effort with a focus on completing runs while I'm building my base back up.

Looking ahead:
6/1 - probably 2 miles (or rest depending on leg)
6/2 - rest (maybe travel)
6/3 - long run (somewhere)
6/4 - recovery run (TBD)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?