Saturday, June 17, 2006

PF Training Diary 6/17

This week I've been on vacation. My wife and I went to the Smoky Mountains while the kids went to Grandma's. I didn't do any running on vacation, but I did some strenuous hiking. The first hike I did on Monday was 8 miles total (4 mi out and back) with an elevation change of about 2500 feet. The second hike I did on Tuesday with my brother-in-law was 10 miles (5 miles out and back) to the summit of Mount LeConte (~6600 ft) with an elevation change of nearly 3000 feet. Both hikes I averaged about two mi/hr, which is brisk for mountain hiking with a light pack. I was passing most other hikers.

Wednesday I did some light mountain biking (since I brought it). There really is no good place to bike in the Smoky Mountains. There was a short trail only two miles long where biking was allowed, so I rode it twice quickly for an 8 mile ride. It mostly sucked.

This weekend the wife and I have driven up to Grandma's to pick up the kids and see my wife's family. This morning I ran 6 miles. I was very tired at the end, but I finished the distance on pace.

A strange training week, but I'm happy with keeping up the activity and making a descent run today. I think I'm on track, and I can feel myself getting stronger. Looking forward to breaking into the double-digit distances soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?